Through my assignment, I’ve had to produce sound effects and backing music to place within my flash point and click game. To create these sounds, I’ve had to use my own Foley work to develop sounds that could be used in the instance of my game.
Using a sound recorder on my iPhone, I recorded the sounds that I wished. However, I felt that the quality wasn’t as good as I thought it could have been, but after editing the tracks in Audacity and Soundtrack Pro, I managed to create suitable sounds to implement within my game. The recordings seem clearer and more acceptable to be included within my game than if they were unedited.
To create the background music, I used the digital instrumental sounds that were available to me in Garageband. Using piano, strings, woodwinds and more, I managed to create a perfectly acceptable music track that could be used within my game. Due to my creativity with the music creation, I structured another track that I would also use within my game.
I didn’t create all of the sound effects that I had planned to include within the game, due to lack of time and recording apparatus that I had at my disposal. However, if I had more time and resources to further develop my sound assignment, I’d have improved on the recording of the sounds and included many more.
To implement these within my game, I coded them in using Actionscript 3.0. As everything was already developed in Flash and Actionscript, the sounds were easy to include within it.
Overall, I am pleased with the development of my sounds effects and music development. I understand the difficulties that arise when sounds and music are created, including formats, quality and more. I would most likely expand on the sound development in my own time.